User Account Management
User Account Registration
Following the introduction of a Single Sign-On feature, users are created or converted to User Profiles and linked to a unique user defined as a User Account. User account is the representation of the human user and contains personal information (name, username, password, email address, etc.).
To register a User Account:
Open the link that you receive in your email after the business account administrator creates a new User Profile or initiates the Direct Login conversion to the the User Profile.
- If the user account is already registered with your email address, you will be asked to log in, and the existing user account will be automatically linked to the new User Profile. However, if you are logged in with another account, you will see a notification message saying you cannot proceed with the registration. You will have to log out of the system.
- If you do not have a user account registered with the provided email address, you will have to register it.
Registration of the 1st User Profile:
1. User will receive an invitation link to the provided email address.
2. After clicking the link, the user will have to fill in a registration form. It will be used to create client's user account.
3. The user can now log in with a newly created username and password.
4. After the successful login, the user will be taken to the home window, and the newly created profile will be set as a default profile.
In the profile conversion process, a new user is created. This new user will have a Single Sign-On functionality enabled, therefore user will have to:
- Log out from the currently used Direct Login user. Once the conversion is completed, the old user credentials will no longer be needed. However, if you are still logged in with your old Direct Login, you will see a notification message saying you cannot proceed with the registration.
Adform uses a centralized Single Sign-On (SSO) system id.adform.com for authenticating users and logging in to the platform.
To log in to Adform platform, follow these steps:
1. Go to the adform.com main page and click Login:
2. You will be redirected to the id.adform.com login page, where you will have to enter your username and password:
Always make sure that you provide your login credentials in the id.adform.com domain and verify that the secure encrypted network traffic (HTTPS) is used:
3. Check the box next to Remember My Login if you do not want to provide your credentials upon next logins. This option should be used on private computers only.
4. Click Log in to get into the platform.
5. If you have the Two-Factor Authentication set up for the account, after a successful authentication using username and password, additional verification must be done. Please provide the code generated by the authenticator application:
6. Check the box next to Trust this device if you do not want to be asked for 2FA codes for this user account for a limited time. This feature should be used on personal (trusted) devices only.
If you forgot your password, go to id.adform.com page and follow the steps below:
- Click on the link Forgot your password?
- Provide your username.
- Follow the instructions on how to reset your password that are sent to the email address associated with the user account. Note that the link provided in the email message is valid for a limited amount of time.
If you want to change the password for security reasons, see Updating User Account section.
User account may be locked for security reasons after a certain number of log-in attempts with incorrect credentials. Notification email with further instructions will be sent to the email address associated with that account.
There are some additional security features aimed to protect the access to the business account:
- Two-Factor Authentication
- IP Whitelisting
Each business account can require access restriction(s) to be applied to all User Profiles within the business account.
Access to Direct Login accounts cannot be restricted. They need to be converted to User Profiles in order to benefit from access restriction security features.Two-Factor Authentication
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) requires to prove the possession of the authentication device besides the authentication credentials (username, password) when logging-in. Adform uses industry-standard TOTP which uses smartphone as the possession factor. You need to have a smartphone with TOTP standard-based authenticator application installed. Adform suggests to use Authy application for iOS or Android.
There are two ways to utilize 2FA security feature:
- 2FA can be set up on a user account level.
- 2FA can be set up on a business account so that all user profiles would require 2FA. To do that, please contact [email protected] All users will need to have smartphone devices (iOS, Android) and TOTP application installed.
2FA restriction cannot be applied to Direct Logins. They need to be converted to User Profiles to benefit from 2FA security measure.
1. Go to Account Settings -> My Account, and then turn the 2FA toggle On:
2. Scan the QR code with the downloaded application or enter the code manually.
3. Provide a 6-digit authentication code that was generated by the application and click OK.
You need to re-login for 2FA to make effect. If a business account requires 2FA for the User Profiles, they are accessed only after re-logging with 2FA.
Canceling 2FA setup
1. Go to Account Settings -> My Account, and then turn the 2FA toggle Off:
2. Enter the password for the user's account and click Save:
From now on, you will no longer be asked for authentication codes when logging in.IP Whitelisting
IP Whitelisting is an access restriction that allows access to the User Profiles only from the predefined IP address ranges. User must be connected to the trusted network in order to access certain User Profiles.
Please contact Adform Support to get your business account configured for the particular access restriction(s).
Updating User Account
User Account is the representation of the human user that uses different Adform applications. It has the authentication credentials (username, password, 2FA code) that are used to authenticate the user and log in to the system. User Account can be managed only by the user oneself.
To update your User Account information, click on the profile icon in the top-right corner and select My Account.
A new window will open:
- General information about the user (username, name, email, password, phone number, time zone, locale). Note that user name cannot be changed. (1)
- A list of profiles that are linked to your user account. (2)
- Making profile default. Default profile will be used as a main profile after the successful login to the system. (3)
- Business application name that the profile represents (4)
- Two-Factor Authentication. (5)
- Notifications functionality allowing you to enable or disable notifications for unrecognized logins from an unseen country or a device you have not used before. (6)
Switching Between profiles
After another User Profile is assigned to the user account, user can switch between them using profile switcher.
- Shows active user profile and business application (Advertiser Edge, Publisher Edge, or Audience Base) (1)
- Allows updating User Profile information so it could help to more easily identify business entity that the client wants to replicate (2)
- Shows a list of remaining user profiles that a user can switch to (3)
Choosing Default Profile
The default User Profile is the first registered or converted profile, linked to the user account. After a successful login, user will be automatically redirected to a business application of the default profile.
To set User Profile as default:
1. Click on the icon button and select My Account.
2. To make the profile default, click on the profile icon in the profile list. The new default profile will move to the top of the list.