Video Banner Specifications
Adform strongly recommends using the Adform Creative Toolkit extension while creating video banners. The manual of the Adform Creative Toolkit can be found here.
Video Banners in Devices Which do not Support Flash
Some devices, as iPad or iPhone, do not support the flash-based content. If a user visits a media site using such device then, instead of a video banner (Flash content), an image or an empty space is shown. In order to avoid such situations, Adform replaces images (or empty spaces) with HTML5 video banners. All you have to do is to send video files of the following types:
- a. H.264+AAC+MP4 for IE9+, iPhone 3.0+, iPad, Android 2.0+;
- b. Theora+Vorbis+Ogg for Firefox 3.5, Chrome, Opera;
- c. WebM for Firefox, Android 2.3+.
Rich Media video banners will work in the following way:
- a. If it is possible to play a Flash video - the Flash video will be played;
- b. If it is not possible to play a Flash video but it is possible to play an HTML5 video - the HTML5 video will be played (for expanding and tear back banners the HTML5 video will be shown only in the expanded state, in the collapsed state a backup image will be shown);
- c. In the worst case, a backup image will be shown.