Polite Mode Banner
Heavy rich media banners can significantly slow down the loading process of a Media site. Therefore, creative agencies have less creative freedom. As a solution, Adform recommends using polite banners. Polite banners allow the campaign banner to be almost unlimited weight as a flash file of a very little weight replaces the original banner during the Media site loading process.
1. Go to Content → Polite mode.
2. Once the Polite mode dialog is opened, there are three options:
- None – a banner will not be of the polite type
- ActionScript – the creative toolkit generates the actionscript code
The main idea of this code is that there is an event listener function implemented and when a page is fully loaded function handlePageLoaded is called. This method is very useful for video banners; a video starts streaming only when a page is fully loaded.
3. When the banner is finished it can be tested by clicking the Preview button; and a .ZIP file is created, by clicking the Export button, so that it can be uploaded to the Adform system.